Thursday, April 26, 2012

CA-1 into a wonderfully long weekend


About two months ago, I found out that The Shins were playing in Santa Cruz in late April with White Fence. The first person I told was Adrien, the second Xavier, and the third Daniel. Both Daniel and Adrien were up for it so we bought our tickets right away. Daniel ended up getting a second job and couldn't get the time off so Adrien and I were off on an adventure to Santa Cruz, oh and Toph the dog tagged along as well.

Adrien and I made an itinerary for this trip which for me is a completely new thing, I usually just go with the flow on trips but since both of us haven't spent much time in Santa Cruz, we figured it was a smart idea.

We left on Thursday night when I got off work and got home to pack up all my things. We left Pomona around 10:30 and got lost plenty of times because we wanted to take the 1 freeway up to Santa Cruz. It was well worth it, the sights were unbelievable. After a few detours and a couple of hours pulling over to sleep, we got to Santa Cruz around noon.

I was actually really happy that we made an itinerary because everything we had on there ended up being really fun for all three of us. I learned a lot about Adrien this weekend, and I feel like our friendship is stronger and we can understand each other better.

I'm really sad that I didn't get to see any of my friends in the bay area, I was only about an hour away from them but I didn't want to just see a few friends and not all of them. It might be messed up logic but I think I would've regretted it if I only saw one or two people because I miss everyone equally.

So I'm going to post some photos, hope you enjoy.
I'm really glad I'm home, I have a brand new perspective on my life, sleeping in a car for four days might've had a big part in that. I also learned that I don't always have to be doing something, sometimes just stopping and sitting, lying down, or just breathing is good enough.





No comments: