Sunday, July 22, 2012

The backs of our hands

I see you from every vantage point
While this humming chatter bounces off old grey walls
Of course it’s nice to see you
Of course it’s been too long
Of course we need a day

I see you
Shoulders squashed
Arms crossed
Sitting by yourself with a faint sound that I can’t yet hear
Drink it, you tell me, while a second voice echoes
Your face dismal like these old worn floors
Steps stepping on your heart and I can feel it
And you tell me

I see you
Warm from hiding
Scrimmaging on this roof
I smile and I know this is all intended and I stay here
A sense of wants not wanted, gives not given
Here before, here too often
Until you can't hold it all in

I see you
Gripping onto me with no feel
Desperately saying what’s real in this clashing state
Making no real plans but making plans
Until the grip is up and all that’s left are our backs facing each other

I see you
broken heart and all

I see you
I cry for you and I feel all that you might run away from
I cry for this suffering

Rotating metal through warm winds
Lights illuminating and I see your face
Then I see myself and I’m no different
I see myself from every vantage point from this quiet sobbing to these loud shouts
But I stay, I stay here with you until it’s passed on

No comments: